Friday Coffee Share (Writing 101, Day 10)

It looks like our weekly coffee date is happening a few days early!  Our assignment is to write a post as if you’re in a coffee shop… little do the heads of Writing 101 know this is something I do every week.  Given that it’s an assignment and I’m quite busy this weekend, let me make you a cup of something… What is your favorite drink?  I want to make sure I have it…

If we were having coffee, I’d let you know all sorts of trivial things.  We got four inches of rain yesterday.  My older brother took me to a pro baseball game in Minneapolis the other day.  (The Twins lost, but it was still fun!)  My younger brother called me from college and we talked on the phone for over an hour.  I’m going to the Renaissance Festival on Sunday and a concert on Monday.  (I’m in for a busy weekend.)  We’re reaching the peak of orchard season, which means work life is high stress.

Mostly, though, I’d gush about my kittens.  The momma keeps moving them from bush to bush.  They’re starting to wander around, so she has a hard time keeping them in one place.  Yesterday, during the thunderstorms, she moved them into the woods.  This morning, I practiced my herding abilities and lead them back to a warm cat house.  They’re getting very tame.  If they hear my voice, they come over and crawl on my lap.  We’ve slowly been giving them names.  So far, we have Herman, Charlotte, Pip, and Carlos.  We already have people lined up to take two of them, which is sad, but I’m glad they’ll have good homes.  Do you have any name suggestions for the remaining three?

If we were having coffee, I’d let you know that it has been so fun getting to know you.  I know, it’s hard to truly get to know someone over the internet, but over the past few weeks I have interacted with so many wonderful people because of Writing 101.  I love the assignments, but I think it’s even more fun seeing how you all respond to them. I’ve never been much of a commenter before this course and I’m finding that I like being pushed out of my box.  It makes for great interactions!   Thank you so much for reading and engaging with my blog, but more so, thank you for writing such wonderful posts of your own.

Now that I’ve chatted a bit, I’d like to turn things over to you.  If we were having coffee, what would you have to share?

10 thoughts on “Friday Coffee Share (Writing 101, Day 10)

1. kbhayes September 18, 2015 / 8:15 pm

KITTENS! WIDDLE ITTY BITTY KITTIES! SQUEEEE!

• Amelia September 18, 2015 / 8:17 pm

Aren’t they the cutest?!!!!! 🙂

• Marc-André September 19, 2015 / 3:53 am

Can I have them all please??? 🙂

• Amelia September 19, 2015 / 8:00 am

I don’t know if I can part with all of them… Maybe one or two?

• Marc-André September 20, 2015 / 3:18 am

The little ginger one? 😀

2. janebasilblog September 18, 2015 / 8:24 pm

If we were having coffee I’d say that 2am is asilly time to consume so much caffeine, but it’s not as if we do this every night!
    I would thank you for not raising your eyebrows when I put two spoons of sugar in the cup. I would probably rave over the pictures of those cute kittens, and bite my lip to stop myself from asking you if I could take one home – I’m not allowed to have pets in my flat.
    I’m sure we would talk for a while about the foibles of cats we have known and loved, and if there was a gap in the conversation I’d fill it by talking how I enjoyed my Grandson’s birthday celebration with the family.
    By this time we’d both be tired, so I’d suggest we went home to our beds and continued our conversation some other time.
    This is a great post, and I’ve enjoyed our chat. Goodnight 🙂

• Amelia September 19, 2015 / 7:59 am

If I had coffee at 2 AM every night, I’m not sure I’d be able to properly function! But I will make an exception for you this time. 🙂
      I’m glad you like the kittens! That’s too bad you’re not allowed to have pets. We will be keeping a few, but the rest need homes. I’m sure we would be able to talk a LONG time about all the various cats we have owned. I’m glad your Grandson’s birthday went well!
      Thanks so much for the lovely comment!

3. in567 September 19, 2015 / 6:34 am

Yeee! Such cute kitties!

4. Travel Nurse April May 28, 2016 / 4:30 pm

Cute kitties! I hope you are still enjoying them.

• Amelia May 28, 2016 / 6:49 pm

Thanks! We found homes for almost all of them, but I kept one and he is a joy to have around. 🙂