Top Ten Beach Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they suggest a new theme with a list for bloggers to choose from.  This week’s topic: top ten beach reads!

Note: I haven’t actually been to the beach in years.  But if I were to spend a day in the sun, I’d want books that are light.  Give me fluff, give me action, give me humor, give me something that will keep the pages turning.

1. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
  2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
  3. Symphony of Ages by Elizabeth Haydon
  4. The Selection series by Kierra Cass
  5. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  6. Yes Please by Amy Pohler
  7. Green Rider series by Kristen Britain
  8. Paper Towns by John Green
  9. Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce
  10. His Fair Assassins trilogy by Robin LaFevers

7 thoughts on “Top Ten Beach Reads

• Amelia June 1, 2016 / 8:30 am

Yes, another Rhapsody fan! Those books are SO good. I’m pretty sure I read them all in ten days, I was so hooked.

1. Reg @ She Latitude May 31, 2016 / 10:47 pm

Me Before You feels like a more bed-read than beach-read to me… but only because I just want to lie in bed and think about how sad life is after finishing that book, haha. Just so heart-breaking, that one. 🙂

• Amelia June 1, 2016 / 8:29 am

I agree–it’s definitely more of a bed read for me too. I included it here because once it got going, I couldn’t put it down–which is one of the top qualities of a beach read for me. 🙂

2. _giovannard June 1, 2016 / 3:06 pm

Great Top Ten! I love Amy Poehler! She is Hilarious! Her book Yes Please, also made my list. I don’t know why it is taking me so long to read it! :\
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

• Amelia June 1, 2016 / 7:02 pm

Thanks! Amy Poehler is so great! I really enjoyed Yes Please–best of luck finishing it. Have you read Tina Fey’s book Bossypants? It’s on my To-Read list, but I haven’t gotten to it yet.

• _giovannard June 1, 2016 / 7:15 pm