Inspired by the numerous applications to library-related jobs I’ve been sending out, I have been trying to get better at writing about books. The Broke and the Bookish‘s weekly Top Ten Tuesday provides the perfect opportunity to do just that.
Enjoy this week’s list!
Ten Books Set Outside The US
- Gaudy Night by Dorothy Sayers
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley
- Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
- Coming Up for Air by George Orwell
- Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- Lost Stars by Claudia Gray
- Perelandra by C.S. Lewis
- The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff
Aside from most Young Adult Fiction, most of what I read is British, which makes this week’s topic really fun. It gave me the chance to think about some of my favorite books that take place across the pond and get creative with some beloved fantasy and science fiction.