Weekend Coffee Share: Let’s Make This Fast

If we were having coffee, I’d say we better make this fast.  I just got my copy of Harry Potter and the Curse Child and will consider my day wasted if I don’t spend the rest of it reading.  (It’s not that I don’t want to spend time with you… It’s just… Harry Potter…)

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that my week started off pretty bad–as described in my Emergency Dance Party post.  Long story short, I got poison ivy so bad that my entire legs were covered in panful blisters and then got icky sick one night.  It was rough.

However, things DID get better!  I had a job interview for a librarian position that went really well on Thursday afternoon.  I didn’t have any of those “Oh crap, why did I say that!” regrets and walked out feeling like I made a very good impression.  I don’t know if I will get the job, but it felt like a positive step forward.

If we were having coffee, you’d know that I’ve been doing coffee a lot this weekend!  This morning, visited one of my high school buddies and caught up on life.  Yesterday, I spent a very enjoyable Saturday afternoon with one of my good friends from college.  We grabbed drinks from a coffee shop (which is inside an old grain elevator!) and sat by the river watching boats pass under the old historic bridge.  It was so fun to just sit and chat about things deeper than surface level with someone I trust won’t turn their back on me if we disagree on things.  She ended up inviting me to go to church with her family that evening and, since I didn’t have anything else going on and wasn’t planning on doing church on Sunday, decided to go with.

If we were having coffee, you would be able to see (due to restless twitching and book stroking) that I desperately need to start reading my Harry Potter book.  While I go do that, take a minute to let me know how you have been.  What would you share over coffee?

11 thoughts on “Weekend Coffee Share: Let’s Make This Fast

1. wccunningham July 31, 2016 / 5:03 pm

We are a little behind in my house. My oldest son has read all the HP books but my youngest and wife just started book one this last week. Sadly, I have not read any of them 😦

Hope you are enjoying your read!

• Amelia August 2, 2016 / 4:14 pm

Thanks! It was definitely an enjoyable read. I also recommend Harry Potter. It takes time to get through them all, but it’s worth it! 🙂

2. Nancy July 31, 2016 / 8:59 pm

You did better that me. If I had a copy of “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” I wouldn’t have even done a post!! Happy reading!!

• Amelia August 2, 2016 / 4:14 pm

Thanks! I managed to make it through Cursed Child in only a few hours. 🙂

• Nancy August 2, 2016 / 8:39 pm

Wow! Was it worth the hype?

• Amelia August 3, 2016 / 3:01 pm

I’m still on the fence–there were parts I really liked and parts I didn’t. I think seeing it live as a play would help a lot, but since I won’t be in London any time soon, I think it will take a few re-reads to feel like I can appreciate it.

3. amiewrites74 July 31, 2016 / 11:35 pm

Good luck on the job and enjoy Harry Potter!

• Amelia August 2, 2016 / 4:14 pm

Thanks, Amie! 🙂

4. Suvi August 1, 2016 / 2:06 pm

Great news for having a good feeling after an interview! I hope you get the job and if not, at least it was good practise for next time. Enjoy your Harry Potter 😀

• Amelia August 2, 2016 / 4:15 pm

Thanks so much, Suvi! 🙂

5. Joanna Lynn August 3, 2016 / 10:56 pm

So sorry about the poison ivy. That cannot be fun. But I’m glad your interview went well and that you get the job.

I totally agree with you about being able to go beyond skin deep and really talk to a trusted friend. It can make such a difference in your day and life. We can’t do it alone and skin deep is basically alone much of the time.