This week’s theme for Top Ten Tuesday is to generate a list of books that take place on X. I decided that X would be worlds that are not Earth. Here we go…
- Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce
- Symphony of Ages trilogy by Elizabeth Haydon
- Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
- Green Rider series by Kristen Britain
- Evermen Saga by James Maxwell
- The Silmarilion by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Perelandra by C.S. Lewis*
- A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin**
- Heralds of Valdemar series by Mercedes Lackey
I decided to challenge myself and limit this list to books specifically set OUTSIDE Earth–not taking place on our planet. This presented an interesting set of challenges and basically resulted in a list of my favorite fantasy reads. Ah, well.
*Parts of Lewis’s Space Trilogy take place on Earth, but I included this title because, technically, the majority of the story takes place on Venus–which is definitely outside our world.
**I’ve included Martin’s epic series because, how can you not? I’d still like to clarify that, although I’m an avid fan of the show, I’ve only actually read the first three books.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly link-up hosted at The Broke and the Bookish