Weekend Coffee Share 12/17/16

If we were having coffee, we’d be meeting in the library.  To be specific, you’d be leaning against the “check-out” area of the circulation desk holding a mug and I’d be perched on a desk chair on the other side.  Yes, I’m at work.  Saturdays are pretty quiet and we just got another big snow last night (more on that later), so we should be able to have a good chat.

It’s been a long week.  Although the daily door counter tells me otherwise, work has felt extremely slow and it’s been exhausting.  I have a lot on my plate right now that needs to get done outside of work, but when I finally get home, I practically collapse on my bed and go to right to sleep.

Right now, I’m working on applying to graduate school to pursue my Masters in Library and Information Science online.  I’m only applying to one school, but it still feels really stressful.  Yes, I know I should send out more application, but I just don’t have the time and motivation.  Anyways, the application is going well-ish.  My personal statement is still a draft in my head, but my undergraduate transcripts have been ordered.  Now I just need to figure out transcripts for my time studying abroad, which is Monday’s big project.

It’s so crazy that Christmas is nearly here!  I’m used to experiencing the holidays as a college student, so it’s weird to not have hours and hours of time to relax, watch movies, and bake.  Most of my shopping is completed, thank goodness, and I only have four days of work next week.  I’m really looking forward to the break.

This afternoon when I get off work, I’m heading to southern Minnesota for Christmas with my mom’s side of the family.  I’ll be getting there several hours later than everyone else, but am still looking forward to it.  The bad thing is, though, we just got hit with another large winter storm.  My aunt and uncle live is right in the line of the highest snowfall.  I hope the roads are clear because bad conditions could easily turn my two-hour journey into a five-hour one.

Anyways, that’s all I’ve got for this week.  Be sure to stop by my blog later this week as I’m embarking on my third annual holiday-themed series.  Until then, I’d love to hear about your week!  What would you share over coffee?

16 thoughts on “Weekend Coffee Share 12/17/16

1. trentpmcd December 17, 2016 / 10:37 am

Good luck with your application to Grad School! And I hope you have a safe drive and have a great time visiting your family!

• Amelia December 17, 2016 / 10:43 am

Thanks, Trent!

2. Pamela Morse December 17, 2016 / 10:41 am

I admire you Nordics for just hanging in there during winter time. I don’t really even know how to drive in snow. I have done it a few times, but I know I am a danger to myself and others..so I probably have retired from it forever. Be careful and have fun once you safely arrive.

• Amelia December 17, 2016 / 10:53 am

Thank you! It’s pretty miserable in the winter up here… it was -10 when I woke up the other morning! We do get used to it, though, and it’s not as bad when we bundle up. Driving in the snow is super challenging. I once drove in a blizzard on the open prairie in the middle of the night, which was pretty awful. Thankfully, our road crews do a great job keeping things as clear as possible.

3. bettylouise31 December 17, 2016 / 4:55 pm

Good luck with your graduate school. I enjoy seeing your library it is a good way to chat. Have safe trip and visit with your family.

• Amelia December 18, 2016 / 6:32 pm

Thanks, Betty!

4. thecoffeebeanbrain December 17, 2016 / 7:06 pm

Best of luck with your grad school applications and I hope you have a great time with your family.

• Amelia December 18, 2016 / 6:32 pm

Thank you!! 🙂

5. Corina December 18, 2016 / 3:16 pm

I hope you made the drive safely and are now sitting in a warm family-filled house, enjoying the rest of the holiday season!

• Amelia December 18, 2016 / 6:32 pm

Thanks, Corina! I did make it to my destination safely and had a wonderful time. 🙂

6. amiewrites74 December 18, 2016 / 6:04 pm

Good luck with the application! Safe travels, enjoy your family time, and have a merry Christmas.

• Amelia December 18, 2016 / 6:33 pm

Thanks, Amie! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well! 🙂

7. Angelica Kidd December 18, 2016 / 10:21 pm

Good luck with your Grad school applications and I hope you have a safe trip!

• Amelia December 19, 2016 / 10:16 am

Thanks, Angelica! 🙂

8. befuddledenglishmajor December 31, 2016 / 3:07 pm

Good luck with all the grad school and study abroad applications. I am currently in the same boat. Just applied to my first school and sent in all my study abroad paperwork. It can be really stressful when balancing other things. Especially around the holiday season. Good luck! Really cute blog.

• Amelia January 7, 2017 / 11:16 am

Oh goodness… I didn’t notice your comment until now. Thank you!! Getting everything organized is such a hassle, but hopefully it’ll all be worth it! Best of luck with your application process as well!