Weekend Coffee Share 4/15/17

If we were having coffee, you would find me curled up in a cozy sweatshirt staring absentmindedly out the window.  The weather is dreary and wet–perfect for staying indoors.  (Of course… this picture is a wishful fantasy.  In reality, I got up before dawn to go to work.)

I’ve been away from the coffee share for a while again… it’s been a busy month!  Thankfully, things will be setting down a bit soon.

It’s Easter this weekend and I do not feel at all prepared.  Because it’s so late, the holiday really snuck up on me this year.  I feel bad, because Easter is the most important Christian holiday of the year, and I haven’t been paying attention.  My brothers are home for the weekend and my parents are getting home from their road trip at some point.  We all plan on going to church together tomorrow… but that’s the extent of our celebrations.

This past weekend, a friend and I went on a mini-road trip!  We drove to Nashville, Tennessee to see some of our friends that we met last year in England.  It was a wonderful trip–aside from my friend getting her first speeding ticket in Iowa, the driving was uneventful.  Our time with our friends–a family of six–was wonderful.  I spent the majority of my time playing with their daughters, although we did go on a hike in a local state park and toured The Hermitage, plantation and home of President Andrew Jackson.  I wrote a post about my trip, if you’d like to learn more.

One of the fun things about journeying south was watching Spring come.  In Minnesota, the grass has barely begun to sprout.  In Tennessee, the trees had leaves, flowers were booming, and I pulled out my shorts for the first time this year!  What a treat!

I didn’t get home from my travels until late on Wednesday night and have worked every day since, so I’m pretty tired.  What I need is a nice, slow weekend at home to recover… but that’s probably not going to happen.  With my brothers in the house, parents coming home, and a friend visiting to plan a trip we’re hoping to take Memorial Day weekend… it’s going to be a busy couple of days.

Coming up this week, I register for my first semester of graduate school!  I don’t feel very prepared… I haven’t looked that closely at classes, nor have I spoken with my academic adviser.  I’m going to dedicate time to doing so on Monday, but my plan is to sign up for the introductory courses.  Hopefully, that goes well!

It’s time to turn things over to you–how has your week been?  What are your Easter plans?  What would you share over coffee?

This post is part of the Weekend Coffee Share link up, now hosted by Nerd in the Brain.

11 thoughts on “Weekend Coffee Share 4/15/17

1. Colline April 15, 2017 / 1:34 pm

Graduate school. Exciting times! Hope you are able to make your choices easily.

• Amelia April 17, 2017 / 2:38 pm

Thanks, Colline! 🙂

2. bettylouise31 April 15, 2017 / 2:33 pm

Welcome back to Coffee Share. Good luck with your classes. Do you know what field you are interested in studying? Enjoy your time with your family this week.

• Amelia April 17, 2017 / 2:38 pm

Thanks, Betty! I do enjoy the field I’ll be studying–I’m already working as a librarian, so getting my Masters in Library & Information Science is more of a technicality. But it’ll definitely help my career. Hope you had a great Easter!

3. Britta April 16, 2017 / 10:54 am

I usually work weekends at my coffee shop, but for once I have the day off! I am lazily sitting on the couch going through blogs and hoping to get some writing done (but, as a writer, I find I am very good at avoiding that 🙂 ). I’m enjoying the last few days in my current house, as I am moving later this week to a new apartment in DC. Excited for new adventures in a new neighborhood, but also soaking up the last few days in my fabulous first DC home.

Good luck registering for grad school! Grad school is something I’ve been thinking a lot more about lately. It is something I’d like to do in the next couple years, but I’m not ready to focus on that quite yet.

• Amelia April 17, 2017 / 2:41 pm

It’s amazing how easy it is to avoid writing… I feel like I’ve been coping out as a blogger lately–all I’ve done are Coffee Share and book posts–nothing personal or for myself. It’s exciting to hear about your new apartment! Will you be living with your current roommates or getting new ones?
      Grad school is definitely a great step to take–in teaching, it’ll up your paycheck for sure. But it’s a step that you definitely need to take when you’re ready. I’m not super thrilled about going back to being a student, but it’s a necessary career move. I hope you had a great weekend and have a good week coming up! 🙂

4. amiewrites74 April 16, 2017 / 12:56 pm

Nashville is a cool city. Glad you had a good trip. Good luck with your grad school classes. Happy Easter! I hope you are getting at least a little rest.

• Amelia April 17, 2017 / 2:42 pm

Thanks, Amie! Hope you had a great Easter as well! 🙂

5. Tena Carr April 16, 2017 / 8:29 pm

Curling up in a chair in comfy clothes souns like my cup of tea or well errrr coffee..

• Amelia April 17, 2017 / 2:42 pm

Hahaha, it’s funny because it’s the weekend coffee share, but unless it’s a mocha, I don’t actually drink coffee. I usually opt for tea. 🙂

• Tena Carr April 18, 2017 / 7:25 am

tea is good too, especially with a bit of honey (though we haven’t been keeping honey on hand much anymore).