Weekend Coffee Share 5/20/17

If we were having coffee, we’d be bundled up in sweaters with our mugs clutched closely to our chests.  It’s been rainy and cold this week–good for reading and sleeping, bad for all the farmers who have work to be done.  I had picked out a colorful spring outfit to wear to work this morning, but the moment I stepped out of bed my body was like, “NOPE.”  So it’s back to cozy sweaters.

I’ve got a busy weekend ahead of me.

This afternoon, I’ll be getting coffee with a dear friend who recently returned from three months in England.  She stayed at the same ministry, L’Abri, that I did a year ago.  I’m excited to hear about her experience and gush about how much we miss it.

Tomorrow, I’m attending my first wedding of the summer season!  One of the first friends I made in college is tying the knot.  She’s very bubbly and you can’t help but adore her–I’m so thrilled that she’s found someone that makes her happy.  Friend weddings are the best, because it brings together people you don’t see every day.  I’m excited to be reunited with college buddies–especially the ones I haven’t seen since graduation two years ago.  It will be fun to see where everyone is at now and, of course, dance the night away.

It may be a few weeks before I’m able to join you all for coffee again.  This week, I’m going on vacation and will be away from computers for a while.  A friend and I are road-tripping out to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks.  While I’ve done big trips in the past, this is my first independent camping trip.  It helps that I’ve been to these parks before, so will be on familiar ground.  My friend and I met a month ago to make travel plans and, since then, have been putting together lists of gear and supplies.

I’m not sure how I will like sleeping in a tent for a week and a half, but am eager for the adventure!  I haven’t been out West in years and am counting down the days!  When I get back, I will be full of stories and pictures to share with you all.

I forgot to share photos of my family’s apple orchard in bloom last weekend–so I’m including them at the bottom of this post.  Enjoy!

How has your week been?  What would you share over coffee?  Head over to Nerd in the Brain and check out the Link Up to see what others have been up to.

12 thoughts on “Weekend Coffee Share 5/20/17

1. Nancy May 20, 2017 / 11:27 am

Sounds like some fun weeks ahead for you. Weddings are one of my favorite social events too. The only part I don’t like is finding a dress to wear!! Not sure I could sleep in a tent that long, even when I was your age so I commend you on your adventurous spirit. Have fun, see you in a few weeks and thanks so much for posting the orchard photos. They’re beautiful!😊

• Amelia May 20, 2017 / 10:25 pm

Thanks, Nancy! I hope you have a great week! 🙂

2. bettylouise31 May 20, 2017 / 1:09 pm

Enjoy your trip out west. The wedding will be a nice time One year my college friends save enough money money to take a trip to Yellowstone. The bears were still there at that time. The driver was taking pictures of a bear and her companions was trying to get in the backseat where the food was and myself and another girl. He almost made it.

• Amelia May 20, 2017 / 10:27 pm

Thanks, Betty! It’s crazy how close you can get to the wildlife at national parks. I’m glad the bear didn’t get the food!

3. Britta May 20, 2017 / 4:47 pm

The next time in MN, I gotta make it to your family’s orchard! It looks like such a beautiful place! I’d love to go apple picking there sometime 🙂

Enjoy your friends wedding and your camping trip! Sounds like it will be a blast. I’m in desperate need of some sort of adventure soon. I haven’t traveled in so long, and that travel bug is coming back! My brother is doing an internship in Europe this summer, and my parents and I are talking about doing a trip there to visit him…hoping plans work out!

One of my best friends from college just set his wedding date for next June! I haven’t been to a wedding in so long, and I’ll have that to look forward to next year.

• Amelia May 20, 2017 / 10:29 pm

You’re very welcome at the orchard! It’s a beautiful place, which is part of the reason I’m finding it so hard to move out on my own.
      Travel is so addicting–aside from going to Nashville last month, I haven’t gone anywhere in a year. I’m eager to get more adventures under my belt. Where in Europe is your brother’s internship? I hope you’re able to visit! 🙂

4. amiewrites74 May 21, 2017 / 4:23 pm

Hope you had a great time at the wedding and enjoy your vacation trip!

• Amelia May 22, 2017 / 10:12 pm

Thanks, Amie! Have a great week! 🙂

5. CadyLuck Leedy May 21, 2017 / 8:56 pm

It’s sounds like you are going to have a grand time in the next few weeks! Look forward to the posts!

• Amelia May 22, 2017 / 10:12 pm

Thanks! I hope you have a great week! 🙂

6. Vinitha May 22, 2017 / 11:59 am

Wow, sounds pretty cold on your side of the world, Amelia. Here in Phoenix, it’s hot, today we are at 105 degrees F. Looks like you are going to have a lot of fun. Have fun and stay warm. 🙂

• Amelia May 22, 2017 / 10:13 pm

Ahhh, 105 degrees sounds like a completely different planet! I’m so jealous! I hope you have a great week! 🙂