I’m joining in Top Ten Tuesday once more, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is a summer freebie. I’ve decided to do my list around books that feel like summer–which, for me, means a lot of things.
Some summer reads actually take place in the sunny season–featuring fluffy, light romances that are prefect for reading on the beach.
Others are funny and fun, which put me in the mindset of summer no matter the season.
Something about summer always puts me in the mood for epic fantasy… or just something really long that I can sink into.
And then there are the books that are a summer tradition. Not a year goes by that I don’t listen to Tolkien on audiobook.
Here’s the list…
Top Ten Books that Feel Like Summer
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before Jenny Han
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (because I listen to these every summer on audiobook)
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
- Lumberjanes Comics by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Shannon Watters, Brooke A. Allen
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
What books feel like summer to you?
Check out my biweekly Inbox//Outbox to find out what I’ve been reading
For more of my reading adventures, add me on Goodreads