Yay, another reading recap!
My main goal this month was to get through all the required books in the syllabus for my Young Adult lit class before term starts. I’m happy to say that I succeeded with three days to spare! Required novels dominated my pleasure reading this month. Eight of the following books were for class. There were some really great titles and I’m really looking forward to discussing Maus, Brown Girl Dreaming, and the book on the Romanovs with my classmates.
As for the books I picked up purely for fun… I was unimpressed with the newest Court of Thorns and Roses installment, but enjoyed being back in that world. Naturally, rereading Cinder for my class launched another reread of the entire Lunar Chronicles series, which has been delightful. For my morning cup-of-tea Christian nonfiction, both titles I finished this month were excellent.
- Number of books read: 11
- Number of pages read: 2,949
- Number of audiobooks listened to: 2
- Number of rereads: 2
- Longest book: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
- Shortest book: Maus by Art Spiegleman
- Highest ratings:
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (4.75 stars)
- Liturgy of the Ordinary by Tish Harrison Warren (4.5 stars)
- Lowest rating: Black Butler Vol. 1 by Yana Toboso, translated by Tomo Kimura