Another month has come and gone, and I’ve been busy reading! Because, really, what else do I have to do with my time? Actually, I’m quite thrilled because my massive pile of library books that I’ve been chipping away at since January is now reduced to ZERO! Which is a good feeling!
I was on a roll early in the month, but slowed down near the end due to being out of town. This month features a ridiculous amount of YA (what else is new?), some new releases, some rereads, some hyped books, and some that had me less than thrilled.
My thoughts on the following books are all spoiler-free. If you want to talk about any of the titles, feel free to leave a comment!
A New Years post at the end of January? Amelia, shouldn’t you have posted this weeks ago? Yes, yes I should have. However, life, school, and laziness has kept me away from my blog. Better late than never, right?
My second semester of graduate school is underway and I’m sitting here wondering, WHERE did my winter break go?! And why didn’t I do any writing during my time off?!
Since I’ve been hard-core neglecting my blog, here’s a brief recap of things in Amelia land:
- I finished my first semester of grad school just before the holidays and managed straight A’s!
- The holidays were a busy, but wonderful time with family
- I applied and interviewed for a librarian position within my current system that is much closer to where I live, but didn’t get it. When the choice is between you and a former library director with 30 years of experience, there’s not much of a choice. But, since breaking the bad news to me, my supervisor has asked me to be on a number of new committees, which is exciting!
- I read a ridiculous amount of books
- I spent a wonderful weekend at a friend’s cabin in northern Wisconsin