A New Years post at the end of January? Amelia, shouldn’t you have posted this weeks ago? Yes, yes I should have. However, life, school, and laziness has kept me away from my blog. Better late than never, right?
My second semester of graduate school is underway and I’m sitting here wondering, WHERE did my winter break go?! And why didn’t I do any writing during my time off?!
Since I’ve been hard-core neglecting my blog, here’s a brief recap of things in Amelia land:
- I finished my first semester of grad school just before the holidays and managed straight A’s!
- The holidays were a busy, but wonderful time with family
- I applied and interviewed for a librarian position within my current system that is much closer to where I live, but didn’t get it. When the choice is between you and a former library director with 30 years of experience, there’s not much of a choice. But, since breaking the bad news to me, my supervisor has asked me to be on a number of new committees, which is exciting!
- I read a ridiculous amount of books
- I spent a wonderful weekend at a friend’s cabin in northern Wisconsin